Thursday, July 05, 2012

20 minute workout

I tried the full 20 minute version of my experiment this morning. It was tough. I got the chair out and added the dips and I tried a leg exercise that starts in a press up position and then you bring one knee towards the same shoulder and take it back, then do the same on the other side. So today's routine was:


  • Tricep dips
  • Star jumps
  • Sit ups
  • Resistance band row
  • Static crawl-like exercise
  • Lateral raises
  • Squats
  • Sprinting on the spot


I did the 30sec on 15sec rest. It's important to use the rest period to prepare for the next exercise, so you are actually moving all the time. I repeated the routine three times with a one minute rest between repeats. So altogether it was a quite intense 20 minute workout.

My thinking is to so this three times a week for the next 3-4 weeks. If I feel like I need to increase the intensity before then, I might trying doing four circuits or maybe I'll add two exercises and stay with three circuits. After 4 weeks, I'll need to up the intensity to continue to make gains. This might be as simple as going to four times a week. We shall see.

No comments: